Monday, August 29, 2005

Team Clermont Publicity's iTunes--the first 20

Here are the first 20 I've bought on iTunes here at the office (in the order of purchase):

  1. U2-"Vertigo"
  2. Beyonce-"Crazy in Love"
  3. Tweet & Missy Elliott-"Oops (Oh My)"
  4. The Temptations-"Let Your Hair Down"
  5. Edwin Starr-"25 Miles"
  6. James Brown-"Funky Drummer, Pts. 1 & 2"
  7. Sly & The Family Stone-"You Can Make It If You Try"
  8. The Commodores-"Machine Gun"
  9. Wham!-"Last Christmas"
  10. Air Supply-"Making Love Out of Nothing At All"
  11. Neil Diamond-"Shilo"
  12. The Cyrkle-"Red Rubber Ball"
  13. Gregory Abbott-"Shake You Down"
  14. Atlantic Starr-"Always"
  15. Queen & David Bowie-"Under Pressure"
  16. Edwin Starr-"Stop the War Now"
  17. Fleetwood Mac-"What Makes You Think You're the One"
  18. Fleetwood Mac-"Silver Springs"
  19. Arcade Fire-"No Cars Go"
  20. Rick Astley-"Never Gonna Give You Up"
Okay. Let's go through them together, shall we? I like U2, so I wanted to hear that single...still have never bought the record. I figured I had to break down and get "Crazy in Love" and "Oops (Oh My)" sometime in lieu of buying the actual albums, so iTunes came through in a big way. "Let Your Hair Down" is the @#$%-ing jam, as is "25 Miles," but thus begins a disturbing trend in this list: me buying songs I already own at home! I have every Sly album and I have "Machine Gun" on, like, six comps. I have every Wham! album, too (don't laugh)! I actually didn't think I owned "Making Love Out of Nothing at All," but I did. "Shilo" I needed b/c my band was covering it.

"Always" was THE slow jam in Junior High and, I don't know, I just wanted to hear "Under Pressure." I love The Cyrkle and torture the interns with "Shake You Down" (Ah well a-well). I already own those Fleetwood Mac songs, so why did I buy them? Of course that same question should really be asked of my Rick Astley purchase. Sigh.

More to come...

1 comment:

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.