Monday, November 28, 2005

Back from Thanksgiving...


...and I've got to say that my first turkey was a success despite my complete and total lack of confidence. My wife is a vegetarian, so she didn't eat any. That kinda stinks because its existence in the edible realm is proof that I can actually cook something, contrary to popular opinion in our household.


On to music:

Streaming--Yummy Bingham (ft. Jadakiss)--"Come and Get It"

I think this song is "the jam." I'm not sure that it's cool to say "the jam" anymore, but I know "the jam" when I hear it and this is "the jam." Apparently, Yummy Bingham was in Tha' Rayne. I've never heard of them. Chaka Khan is her godmother. None of this matters, of course, but I thought I'd share. The crazy syncopated snare drum on this song is the kind of thing that makes me--as a drummer--wish I was more creative. Half of the programmed beats out there these days put me to shame. Timbaland is the most innovative "drummer" in the past five years, in my opinion. Where am I going with this? I don't know. But I love this song.



Snippet--The Right Brothers--"Bush Was Right" (video)

Apparently, this ain't a parody, but it sure seems like one. The pause on the lyric "France...wrong" just doesn't work very well.

I don't really like Cindy Sheehan very much either, though I'm a liberal. Her allegiance to the supposedly anti-racist, but borderline anti-semitic ANSWER crowd creeps me out. And her politics often seem remarkably facile.

But "Zell Miller...right!"?!?! C'mon, Right Brothers! Heck, I know thoughtful conservatives that cringe at that guy's out-of-nowhere venomous streak.

Believe it or not, he was once a pretty great governor.


I'm just typing here.


Another political minefield from the thinktank of Team Clermont.

2 comments:

julie said...

You're right about that Yummy Bingham song, Lucas -- it *is* the jam. I listened to it about 6 times in a row just now.

Team Clermont Lucas said...

Ain't it though?