Wednesday, January 11, 2006

MB & TT


Download: Meredith Bragg and the Terminals -- "Talk Me Down" [radio edit]
Download: Meredith Bragg and the Terminals -- "Before the Storm"
Download: Meredith Bragg and the Terminals -- "My Only Enemy" (real media)
Download: Meredith Bragg and the Terminals -- "Work and Winter"

Meredith Bragg and the Terminals is/are (I never know if bands are singular or plural) the SPIN.com Band of the Day today, which means that you should rush over there and vote for Meredith and co., giving them a well-deserved A+. Why? Because Meredith is one of the most exciting new artists to come around in quite some time. His new EP, The Departures, comes on the heels of June 2005's critically-lauded debut LP, Vol. 1 (always with the Terminals, I might add).

Vol. 1 was a stunning collection of indie-folk that was often compared to Elliott Smith and Ben Gibbard (dude can't help how he sings, alright?) but was really its own thing when taken as a whole. In fact, there's a spooky undercurrent to a lot of the tunes (listen to "My Only Enemy") and a greater knack for keeping things concise than the aforementioned two. I think he also is taking more production chances (especially with the new EP) than similar artists. He's the real deal, I tell ya.

On a personal note, I can vouch for the fact that Meredith is one of the nicest folks I have ever met. I also got to play drums for him, which was a blast, but, alas, I'm no Terminal.


Another sabremetric spreadsheet brought to you by the bean-counters at Team Clermont.

No comments: