Thursday, June 08, 2006

I used to read Black Fiction...


Download: Black Fiction -- “I Spread the Disease”
Download: Black Fiction -- “Magic Hands”
Download: Black Fiction -- “I Hope You Never Die”

I seriously think you gals and guys are about to flip out over this Bay area band, Black Fiction. I don’t know what it is about them. It’s like a shaggy tidal wave of rhythmic lo-fi psychedelic slow jams and freakouts; it’s so friggin’ effortless and so much fun. This sextet is as charming and shambolic as they come, and there’s just this forward momentum, this inertia, this mysterious pull to the whole affair that’s absolutely addictive. They’re not afraid to quiet down either, as evidenced by “I Hope You Never Die.” I’m so happy to bring this to you! The whole debut album, Ghost Ride, is pretty hot.

Another lo-fi tsunami from the folks at Team Clermont.

No comments: