Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Baltimore Club Music


Man, I'm psyched to see The 'Cropper back to posting about music again. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like youtube Jordy videos as much as the next guy, ok fine I don't, but hey, I can't complain, I wasn't posting much last week.

Yeah, so I don't actually know shit about Baltimore Club Music, but I do know that I really, really like Baltimore. I may very well be a cultural tourist (hope not), and I've never actually lived in the city, but I've had nothing but extremely positive experiences every time I've been there. Most of my friends that do live there speak very highly of it. The architecture is amazing, the people I've interacted with have always been really down to earth, it's amazingly inexpensive, and they've got Natty Bo. So, I find it frustrating when my praise for Baltimore is met with dismissive eye-rolling and the like, as it most frequently is.

Anyway, an MTV News Piece on Baltimore Club Music has sparked some interesting discussion among those that have more knowledge about this stuff than I do. First, Tom Breihan, who is rapidly becoming one of my favorite writers, weighed in as a Baltimore native over at Status Ain't Hood. Tom's post brought on a response by Government Names, a blog that's new to me, but looks to have a lot insight as to what's going down these days in Charm City. I'm not sure everyone will find this discussion as interesting as I do, but somehow, the fact that there's a largely self-contained style of music that doesn't really get outside the city of Baltimore itself is indicative of what I like about the city. Baltimore is it's own thing.

2 comments:

DJ Phinesse said...

Hello. Looking to get some press from blogs that cover Baltimore club music. Please give my tracks and mixes a listen!

http://phinesse.blogspot.com (tracks)
http://www.djphinesse.com/media.htm (mixes)

Thanks.

DJ Phinesse

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.