Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Download: Deerhunter -- "Adorno"
In our ongoing hyping of the Table of the Elements Festival being held in Atlanta this weekend we feature Atlanta-based band Deerhunter today on The Cropper. Recently, the merits of the ToE fest have been sung by Dusted, Tiny Mix Tapes, and Signal To Noise to name only a few, so I won't dwell on that. Instead, I'll focus on revealing what little I know about Deerhunter:
1) they're playing on Saturday night, the same night as One Umbrella, and Rhys Chatham
2) two of their members put on a thing at the Eyedrum last year that brought down a host of acts that rarely grace Southern soil including: No Neck Blues Band, Sunburned Hand of the Man, Charlambides, Magik Markers, Excepter, and Burning Star Core
3) the 'croppers' own Lucas Jensen records in the same space as Deerhunter, and claims that the stuff he's heard off of their upcoming Kranky Records LP is dynamite
4) the song we're posting today is not from that record, but from their first LP
5) one of them is very slender, and he looks frighteningly similar to my buddy Justin Andrews...for real
So, enjoy their tune, and we hope to see you at their performance this weekend!