Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Last week was a major hammjamm!




Download: Elf Power -- "Ghostbusters" (Ray Parker, Jr. cover)
Download: Elf Power -- "When You Sleep" (My Bloody Valentine cover)

Wow! So, I had a pretty great week. Our Summer Festival and Blue Ribbon Ball went off without a hitch. Besides the flash flood that happened right before the prom that knocked out half of the power in the city that is! But acts of nature aside, all of the bands really brought it. Our Athens bands (Iron Hero, Modern Skirts, Dark Meat, Now It's Overhead, Elf Power) acquitted themselves nicely alongside The Long Winters, Man Man (a force to be reckoned with), White Whale, and Pattern Is Movement. Elf Power were incredible as the prom band, ripping through such classics as "On The Road Again," "Cinnamon Girl," "Ballad of John and Yoko," and even "Ghostbusters." Incredible. I was dressed as an old-fashioned barkeep, for the record, complete with arm garters. I managed not to barf in my wife's purse or on the dog this year, so that's a good thing. In fact, there was absolutely no barfing to be found on my end. I did, however, try to convince one of the guys from Man Man to move to Birmingham, AL. He wasn't having any of it.

I also saw Tom Waits last Tuesday. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

You can download the entire Elf Power set at Southern Shelter, your source for live Athens stuff.

No comments: