Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Flashdance/MC Hammer fusion



I don't know why I just thought of this, but it remains as cringeworthy today as when I saw "The Dance" a couple of years ago. I had to pause the DVD and walk around the house to get the courage up to soldier on and finish watching.

There was this guy at my junior high who sort of acted like a robot (and not in a cool breakdancing way) and always did this weird, spastic trot around the cafeteria at every school dance. It was truly bizarre, and everybody used to line up behind him, mimicking him until the whole thing resembled a dying human snake. It was funny, but then not so funny, and I was always really embarrassed for him, even though he never seemed that embarrassed for himself.

That's how I feel about this scene from The Office. You can taste the humiliation.

No comments: