Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Knoxville signage


Download: Bad Animal -- "The Hunted"

For reasons of rock, I was in Knoxville, TN (pop. 173,000) this past weekend. While there I was introduced to a Bad Animal indigenous to the city. It's a strange town, and to illustrate this I've assembled a variety of store names and one billboard sign from just one road - Broadway - that really did it for me.

* Jeans a Go-Go

* Pardon Jewelry

* Chintzy Rose

* Tangles Hair Salon

* an otherwise unmarked building with tinted windows called, i kid you not, "Abstract Title"

* a billboard that read, "Knoxville, Seafood Capital of the World.....Captain D's, Now Hiring"

No one that I spoke with was able to explain to me how/why Knoxville is the Seafood Capital of the World, but if you know, please comment.

5 comments:

KBAB said...

hahahaha I just watched the Simpsons episode where Bart gets a fake ID and rents a car with his friends and they go to Knoxville and that thing falls over and crushes their car
that's all

Rob Howard said...

I spent the night in Knoxville. I staggered down the lovely well named Gay Street, from the Downtown Grill and Brewery to the Bistro at the Bijou ( the minor theater) past the Tennessee (the major Theatre). Alcohol makes the city much more bearable, but I sell Real Estate here (http://www.robsellksnoville.com) and I love it despite itself.
Cheers!
Rob

Shawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn said...

hi, this is shawn, also known as BAD ANIMAL. thanks for the write up on your blog! i appreciate it. you can check out more ba stuff @ www.galaxyofglass.com email me if you have any questions. thanks! shawn/ba

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.