Monday, September 08, 2008

Dead Confederate!

I first saw Dead Confederate in early 2007, and I remember it being a blur of smoke and guitars. If you were to ask me to point out on of the members in public, I wouldn't have been able to. Since that point I've seen them play countless times, and they keep getting more and more amazing. In the past year they've played pretty much every festival in the northern hemisphere, opened for R.E.M. at SXSW, and recorded an new album with Spoon producer Mike McCarthy in Austin. On October 10th, they'll be playing on Conan O'Brien, at which point everyone in the country will have a chance to see their entirely unique Southern-fried combination of Sonic Youth, Band of Horses and Nirvana. The new album, Wrecking Ball, is due out on September 16th from The Artists Organization.

Check out the video for "The Rat", recorded during Dead Confederate's live performance at KEXP:

No comments: